The secret to a successful workout...

     Hmmmmm, to sit on the coach or not to sit, that is the question. A successful workout begins with the notion that I am doing better than I was the day before, no matter what I do. Any motion is forward motion when it comes to physical activity in which the human body was intended to have daily! I have no real expectation when I start out but I always have a result at the end and though it varies from time to time the change still happens. I never played much sports and I traded my high school playing days in for an apron flipping burgers at a local. So everyday I hit the gym at the ripe young age of 29 is better than all the times I didn't. They say not to miss a day, but I say it's okay sometimes. In the wisdom filled words of Ferris B. "life moves pretty fast...if you don't stop and look around every once in awhile you might miss it." I learned the hard way after years of neglect that my body was not designed for double cheeseburgers and french fries with a large soda. Though tasty at times and surely nothing to turn your nose up at!!! So all in all I say that the right attitude toward a successful gym trip is to just GO! Don't choose the tube over a chance for a day at the gym; because I promise you will feel a sense of pride through the pain that no TV program or fried chicken can provide. God meant us to be active and use the muscles we have, if not we would be mere blobs of Jello. So get up off the couch, shut down the computer and load the kids up and do something productive!!! As much as you can miss the gym for an episode of TV, you too can miss an episode of TV for the gym....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???