The secret to a successful drive home when your STARVING!!!

     Why would anyone ever think this is a subject worth spending a second of their day on? If your hungry just eat something right? Isn't that why we have these lovely signs, and golden arches beckoning at our hearts and um, wallets?

     Here is why, tonight I left the gym torched and yearning for some fuel to feed my fire. I had an important meeting with a friend that just happens to be at a place that serves giant slices of pizza. For anyone who doesn't know me like my precious, amazing, and wonderful wife does, I crave pizza every second of each day and it is my default food when I am hungry. That being said, I passed on the delicious, gooey, cheesy substance for a salad. Well that went over like a boat anchor in the shallow end of a kiddie pool(not real far). I left the meeting and called my wife to tell her I was on my way home and was starving and she said exactly what I didn't want to hear, but needed to hear, and would have also told her too "DON'T get something greasy, that's just what you DON'T need!" In my mind I told myself HA! i'll show her! and as I passed each tantalizing sign of fast food joints(krispy kreme being the first of course). I ran each option through my head....glazed donut...McDouble....JR. Whopper....then I finally settled on the ever so sweet and tangy taste of a Chalupa. and I started to imagine the flavors and smells of Taco Bell and then............ERRRR!!!!!

     Why would I want to torture my body or my wallet with a meatless sloppy version of an "authentic" Mexican tragedy? Why submit myself to the thought of that pointless meal being consumed into my cells with disgust. Don't get me wrong I love Taco Bell, but the last thing I needed or any of us for that matter at 8:30 at night was a (in the great choice words from my amazing sweetness)  "DON'T get something greasy, that's just what you DON'T need!"  meal. So as the rest of my drive unfolded I kept on moving and thinking of some option that might be healthy, until I finally ended up in my drive way, food less. Starving and boasting in my successful drive home when I was starving, I unloaded my car and headed upstairs....then I grabbed a chocolate chip cookie!!!!! The rest is, as they say, history.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???