The secret to a successful cup of coffee....

     It's known all around the world and just about all of us like it. I never truly appreciated the magical, soothing effects of the "magic bean" till about a year ago when I decided to force myself to become an addict. I am a recovering energy drink survivor and haven't touched the chemically engineered substance since. Yikes! I wish people understood what that stuff does to your body.

     So, not only is coffee God's answer to the common groggy morning, it also has(when used properly) amazing powers to burn fat and provide much needed antioxidants. Now don't let the Barista convince you that a Starbucks coffee is any better than the cup of perfection you can create at home. You see, Starbucks, which has a very outspoken political agenda(they hate the military), well is just plain overpriced and over hyped. So yesterday I went to a place called World Market which is a great place for amazingly hard to find and uncommonly used products. I purchased a bag of 24oz whole bean coffee from Peru that I feed into this marvelous coffee maker my wonderful wife managed to pick up. It grinds the beans, feeds them into the reusable filter and proceeds to brew the coffee on a programmed timer in a process that reminds me of the opening scene of "Back to the Future." All I need is a giant sub-woofer and a DeLorean and i'll be good to go!

     I firmly believe that loading your coffee with fancy flavors is like seasoning a steak. You end up losing the unique bitterness that comes with the bean. It's meant to have it's own flavor like a good steak that is cooked to perfection, rare of course. Now I do add a tiny bit of half and half to calm the storm but I still like to focus on the natural flavor of the earthly substance. You see to me coffee and I share a special bond of love, a connection that forms when you both need each other that can only be expressed through the natural aroma of bitter-sweetness. I would like to say that from here on out I will solely stick to the whole bean, it's not much more than the grind and still holds onto its natural oils and freshness that you can't get with the other kind. As for anyone that holds onto the notion that Scientist can engineer a wake up juice that can compete with almighty God's magic bean, well, the best of luck to you!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???