The secret to a successful vanity license plate!

      I will never understand the obsession over or why everybody has to have a vanity plate. Most of them don't even make sense like JK H20 LOL. I mean do people really put thought into these, or did they do it on purpose?And it's the "oops, I drunk text you while driving on a bumpy road in the middle of traffic and no one proof read it before I sent it" type plates that I shake my head at the most. You see, I spend about 4 hours a day in traffic so I see lots of these plates so maaaaaaybe I obsess over them a little too much, so what! But it's partly because I get stuck behind people daily and all I can do is try and figure out what the plate says, so don't judge me.

     But when I think about it maybe that person is just trying to express their sense of uniqueness or maybe they are creative, or maybe they are just trying to drive the bald guy behind them nuts by boggling his mind for 2 hours! Who knows but I think it has a much deeper meaning than that, I think it has to do with our culture today using text instead of the dial button to get a message across. I get texts all the time that I just give a blank stare and try to sound out the letters. LMBO, 2G2BT, UGTBK, WTH(eck)! (I use the last one quite often). But what I don't get is when you turn a 20 second conversation into a 10 minute text session. Why not just call the person? Do you not like to hear their voice? How do you express anger, sorrow, and happiness over a text? Oh yeah the 500 variations of smiley faces!!! But what if what you need is the comforting sound of that person's voice on the other line? And why do people text and drive, I do it sometimes and I can't stand it because I constantly have to look up and down and it gives me whiplash.I mean now you have a phone that you can speak your text message to the phone and is types it for you, WTH(eck)!!! Is that not the same thing as calling the person?

     Anyways, sometimes I see a vanity plate that I think is hilarious and it make about a 2 second difference in my "lovely" 2 hour trek to and fro. Sometimes I see one and think about it then when I get it I shake my head and say, that's funny. Today I saw one that really touched my heart, it hit me right in the gut and made me smile. It spoke volumes to those of us out there who are looking to express ourselves in a way that resonates with our current feelings. It was like the creator of this plate was listening to my conversation this morning on the way into work and made sure that they were in front of me after I pulled out of the gym, almost like fate. I pulled along side and got there attention and said "I totally get where your coming from, I love your plate." And as the person pulled off into the sunset all I could read with a big giant smile on my face was H8 I95.....this post goes out to you!


"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???