The secret to a successful date night!

I wanted to get this one out before tonight in hopes it "inspired' someone. So the last date my wife and I had I wanted to go all out and make it memorable seeing as our household requires a lot of work and personal time is limited. We are also on a budget, now granted we are a little more outgoing that your typical couple.so here it goes:

    We started out by heading to a place where we could express ourselves and no be to out of place at the same time, Wal-mart. You can walk into this store with a thong, rubber rain boots and turtle neck and no one will ever judge you, you'd probably end up on a website somewhere but who cares right?So I wanted to make the evening fun, challenging, and rewarding. So I designed a "three course" date night. So for the first course, or "appetizer" I challenged my wife to a contest, we had to find a product  that started with the same letter as our first name and then get a random stranger to take a photo with us while holding that object and simultaneously purchasing an appetizer to share for under a buck.. Now getting some random dude to take a picture with me holding a jalapeno, well I don't think I really need to explain that one...Needless to say I lost and had to suffer through a pedicure(wasn't that bad!) but the nail polish my wife made me get was um, funny, yeah real funny except for when I had to walk into the steam room at the gym ans sit next to other half naked men. $2.00 (pedicure was free, thanks Larry)

     Anyways, we moved on to the  second course or "Dinner" which was a local Wegman's which is like Whole Foods only normal and reasonably priced. We again had a challenge and winner. We had to find products from different departments that started with the other persons name: i.e. me finding a separate product from dairy, bread  grocery, and vegetables using the letters of my wife's name DAWN(not as easy as you would think). I won that challenge, woo hoo! then we had a slice of pizza and drew portraits of the other person as we ate. I took a little more serious approach but being no Michelangelo I did my best. My wife on the other hand decided she would take more of a Stan Lee approach providing me with an image burned into my memory forever, just me in a blue speedo! But hey don't be jealous because I can pull it off you and you can't! $6.00

    Our final course, "dessert" was spent at Coldstone Creamery where we had a contest to see who could guess the FREE samples correctly. I also won that contest. Basically you go up to the counter tell the guy you need 6 different samples he looks at you like Spicoli "whaaaaaaaat?" and you make that other person blind taste test the items. At the end the winner gets to pick the cup and you share while discussing life's biggest mysteries!!! I highly suggest a deep conversation about annoying vanity license plates....$5.00

     All in all it cost less than $15.00 bucks total, not too shabby and it was a blast so good luck! The secret to a successful date night is simply making time to spend with the one you love and making sure you don't get wrapped up in the fancy hoopla of society and focus more on the things that made you fall in love to begin with!

"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???