The secret to a successful prayer!

     In so many ways, God answers our prayers. Always on his own time and aways in his own way. That is in my opinion the "mystery" and beauty of God's work. He can slap you across the face, or just silently work his ways. My pastor spoke tonight about prayer and how we should all have a favorite place to pray. I say you gotta pray first! I fall so amazingly short in this area, I consider my prayer life to be more like tweet's or status updates to God. I do have a favorite "place" though....it's on the steps with my wife before I go to work(when I actually take the time) That is when/where I truly feel closest to him, I can feel Jesus wrapping his arms around us. But Isn't that funny? "when I have time" for the God of all things, who SPOKE the universe into existence. The God who always has time for me, yet i'm too "busy" for God! Do you find yourself doing the same? I do it all the time!


     But yet God has been faithful to my prayers and I don't mean just in random ways, I mean there are things I can't begin to describe that have been direct answers from God. No other explanation can possibly come close. I feel good knowing he is not a suit and tie, formal dinner, HAAAvard graduate requirement having God either. He likes good ol' Texas/Baltimore/VA mixed accents as much as he likes anyone's. And no you don't have to give some ridiculous Ricky Bobby speech either(I highly doubt anyone weighed Jesus at birth). He can hear your heart before you even speak, he just wants to hear your voice and here you acknowledge him. I don't think that is too much to ask, seeing as WE all do the same. Who among us doesn't feel as they deserve a little respect when people speak to them? Exactly! The secret is not a secret it is simply an opinion tonight, or should I say a request for prayer, what could possibly go wrong if God knows what is best for all of us? I once heard one of the most profound things that weighs on my heart everyday, especially when I don't do it. Who is going to pray for your spouse and children, if your not?!?! so I ask you this....who is going to pray for what weighs on YOUR heart?


"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???