The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 2) Pumpkin cream cheese pancakes and oats!

Disclaimer: I wing most of my recipes and come up with some off the wall items so don't blame me if you don't like it, just move on people!

     I suffered through a grueling week of eating great every two hours and passing on soda, junk food, and everything in between...I even passed on Gourmet cupcakes at an office party....what a shame!

   But hopefully it is all worth it for these lovely pancakes I will indulge in tomorrow morning. Here is goes:

2 cups all purpose WHOLE WHEAT UNBLEACHED flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1-1 1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin spice
2 cups milk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 stick butter
8oz whipped cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tbsp honey

Semi melt the butter(do not add spices first) in the microwave till you can mix all the spices and honey with it.

You should process the oats, flour, baking powder and salt together till its grinded first.(I did not though)

Pour flour, oats, powder, eggs, oil, milk and butter/spice mix in a bowl and mix till you can't mix no more. I like to add the milk a cup at a time, I like my pancake mix to be thick so it will make thick pancakes so I only used a cup and half of milk. As in half way between cookie dough and regular pancake mix. Then add the whipped cream cheese and mix again.

To cook: I pour some Canola oil in the pan first and cook mine at a almost med temp depending on the stove top. The oil fry's the edges and creates a crispy crust around and it's awesome!!!

Cook your cakes and enjoy, you earned it!







"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???