The Secret to Successfully Loving Your Spouse "Part 1" (why all husbands should do the dishes)

     I once had a marriage philosophy that went like this...."I bring home the bacon, she cooks it, and then cleans up afterwards, chop! chop!" If your a husband you may be thinking the same thing, you may not say it but most men think it. Why should I have to do the dishes, that's her job!

     Falling in love is an action, but loving your spouse is work, hard work. There are days you get angry, and you think or say things that aren't exactly Romeo and Juliet lingo. Sometimes your fights sound like some Eminem song mixed with a little road rage and you wonder why? In my opinion we don't want to look at marriage as work, we want it to just come natural, the husband takes care of the family and the wife is just supposed to understand and do the rest right? I work crazy hours all the time and for as long as I can remember I had this sense of entitlement, this sense that my wife was just supposed to do stuff for me and I was supposed to just work and provide. I mean why should we have to "work" when we come home from work? Why can't we just come home and have our wives do it all? I should be able to come home and sit down on the couch and get waited on hand and foot(slight exaggeration there)!!!!

Wrong!

   Now, should men do the dishes? I never used to do dishes, and I know for a fact it drives my wife nuts when I do them. But guess what, Love is work, but there is no clocking out, and there are no vacation days. After you fall in love with someone, it soon becomes crucial that you work hard to keep it that way. Men were created to lead! It's in our blood to me natural leaders of our families. Sometimes this takes sacrifice and doing things that you would not normally do. Of course, I am probably the worlds only chauvinist pig and the rest of you are sitting there saying.....phhft, "this guy's a loser." So hopefully that is the case and this article is just me blabbing on and on. Well at least I know at least one guy(me) who needs to read this article. Doing the dishes are just a small sample of what men should strive to do for there wives. I have learned once and for all "Love" is defined simply and to the point: put her needs before yours in everything you do; and don't do it expecting a return on your investment either. Doing something out of love sometimes requires you to bite the bullet and take one for the team even if you get anything in return. Now that's a hard pill to swallow! But does that mean do everything all the time? If that's what it takes, then yes! Do the dishes, do the laundry, do the cooking, give here a massage, just do it all. What's the point in doing something if your not going to do it right? I believe we have to be willing to sacrifice 24/7 for our spouse(same goes for you too ladies!!!!!) or it all starts to fade away. Slack in the "Love department" and it will catch up to you one day, and by then it may be too late....I stand firm in saying that the Secret to Successfully loving your spouse starts by doing the dishes!


"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???