The secret to my SUCCESS (issue # 2) keeping your sanity!

     As time goes by I find myself trying to work up a routine more and more. I have managed to create a workout routine and i'm still working out the kinks of a diet plan. I tried oatmeal today and mixed in vanilla protein powder, and I highly suggest you NEVER do that! unless you enjoy the taste of crap in a nifty bowl, go for it. I did however eat an amazing healthy taco last night. Now there is no measurable scientific proof that says organic foods are more nutritious for you than regular foods. But when I can afford it I do my best to eat better quality foods more often. Yesterday I found an interesting, new product by Mission tortilla. it's a "Artisan"corn/whole wheat hybrid that is high in fiber and low in fat and carbs. These tortillas are excellent when you stuff them with chicken, spinach, brown rice, black beans, low-sodium salsa, a little bit of sour cream and some organic Wholly Guacamole. it creates an almost deli style or bistro style taco that is way healthier than Taco Bell.

     The remainder of my night last night was spent dividing up a wallet of savings and health conscious foods for the entire week, i'm trying to get my wife to catch on and I think last night I was successful. I like to eat small portions in 5-6 meal increments. I try to mix it up but at the same time I like to stretch my wallet. I focus on the basics all day then I hope to have a good dinner. This week my theme is brown rice, black beans, and chicken in a bowl with about a 1 cup serving total. Making sure I eat two servings of fruit a day I will be alternating between strawberries and grapes and I eat a banana daily. Make sure you get a serving of almonds also, they are great for your belly and your heart. I also pack one can of tuna with my wife's recipe which is by far superior to any other tuna salad I have ever tried. 1 can of tuna mixed with a small spoon of mayo and 2 spoons of Archer Farms black bean and roasted corn salsa(sounds gross right?) wrong! It rocks!!! I refuse to eat my tuna any other way. I also like to pack a 1 cup serving of salad(greener the better) mixed with raw spinach, which according to science and Popeye fans across the world is considered a super food. I eat my salad with salsa, dressings are too fatty. Next week I will be switching over to whole wheat or veggie pasta with a little olive oil and seasonings. The good thing about eating the same foods everyday is I know what I am taking in and how my body will react to it. Not to mention this whole weekly meal combined costs less than a tank of gas, and it's 90% of my meals each day. Of course I am your above average loser who works in an office but packs a lunch box each day. The secret to successfully keeping my sanity is to focus on a routine which has become a way for me to keep focus and keep calm during the craziness life throws at me!

P.S. if you try to pre-make your breakfast and you pop it into the microwave the next morning and then rush out of the house and forget it, make sure you call your wife and tell her "hey honey I was thinking about you this morning so I made you breakfast....it's in the microwave...." works like a charm! I'm here all week.

"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???