The Secret to Successfully Overcoming an Obstacle!

    When does perseverance become motivation? When you think you have hit the bottom and need to find a way to get back up what do you reach for? Is it possible to hit an obstacle that can't be breached? Is there always a way to succeed?

    How do you define success then? I define success by simply knowing that the only person who can tell me how and what I need to be is me. Only I can decide what my goals are and how or what method I am going to use to reach them. I never use to look at things as an obstacle that could simply be beaten. I used them as excuses and a reason for what I had become and for why I was "that way." I allowed others to have more input on my life than I did on what my goals should be and how I should live. It took some pain and suffering to come to the conclusion that if I want it, I need to set my eyes on it and do my best to grasp it. I decided that no obstacle was too big to overcome, even though it may not be the path I want to take no end in the way I wanted it to. I wasn't going to let anyone else choose for me.

     I can't stand the phrase "mind over matter" I think because it's true. Does that mean I can go outside and run a marathon if I just take my mind into running farther than my body can? NO! It means I need to make the decision that I want to run a marathon and do whatever it takes to accomplish it. It means having a goal in mind before taking the first step and seeing the outcome in my mind before it happens. Nothing is going to accomplish a goal for; I have to decide on my own that I WILL succeed! To me "mind over matter" just means simply I AM or I AM NOT going to do something. I decided one day I was NOT going to smoke another cigarette for example. It wasn't easy but my mind was made up, I had some significant help from the Lord but it was my decision. Sometimes knowing you have a problem just means you have to come to grips with the problem and just say, I am not going to do that, I am not going to be that person, or perhaps the other way around. I AM going to this, or make sure that no matter what I make time to do this or that. But no matter what it's a decision you and I have to make. No obstacle will ever stop the human heart from perishing or accomplishing a goal to the best of our ability. We stop ourselves; we are our own worst enemy when it comes to being successful in anything. Don't let yourself get in the way of being what you want to be! Do not allow yourself to let others influence your outcome, be yourself and be successful at it! That is the secret to overcoming any obstacle.


"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???