The Secret to Successfully Forgiving!

     Life has what's called curve balls.... Never heard that one right? What do we do when we are put into a position that allows our emotions to take control and let our anger lash out? Most of the time it comes from the pain inflicted by someone else, or the feeling that we have been wronged in some way. I can't stand when people push me to the point that I feel as though I need to inflict some sort of retaliation on them to get even. How can revenge be justified when all it does is make the situation more volatile and awkward?

     Letting anger and unnatural motives determine how you will react to someone is no way to handle any situation. Why create more chaos just to prove a point or inflict some kind of physical or emotional pain to get even. Will it really fix the problem? I harbor anger and pain more than most people I've ever met. I also inflict pain quite a bit and seem to find myself making situations worse by lashing out with my anger instead me using my heart. Controlled collective thoughts I think are always the best way to handle a situation. I know it's difficult and not always your first reaction and I'm certainly not saying "just forget about it." It is understanding the person and the situation in which the reaction came from that makes you more inclined to come out on top. Allowing someone else's action to dictate your life and how you're going to live it never has a positive outcome. Most of the time that person is not even acting in a rational way and may be completely clueless to their own transgression  I know I do things all the time that I look back and pray that whomever it was will forgive me for acting that way. Knowing how you're going to react to any situation before it happens will always result in a win! For many, many years of my life I have allowed other people's actions to affect the type of man I was going to be, I finally realized the hard way that unnecessary anger, hate, animosity, and discontent may have ruined many of my previous relations. There are things I have said, thought, and done that I look back on and ask "what did this really accomplish?"


     How can we expect others to forgive us for our past transgressions if we are unwilling to forgive theirs? What if you're not the one on the receiving end of the action, but yet the one guilty of the crime? Shouldn't we all have a forgiving heart and extend grace to those we are afflicted by, while at the same time wanting others to forgive us as well? Call me a hypocrite, but aren't we all to an extend grace when it comes to the double standards of life? We can trash others while they are not around yet how dare they dog us!!! Wrong!!! We are all extremely imperfect and acknowledging that fact is the Secret to Successfully Forgiving! Try extending grace instead of always expecting it to come from others...

"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???