The secret to my SUCCESS (issue # 4) Surviving a fancy hotel on a budget

     Time to time I need to travel to a "foreign land" and I get stuck in what seems to be a fancy hotel with no perks. Hotels are funny because the more the room the less you get....What's up with that? I guess they figure the monopoly guy doesn't need to live off a budget. Anyways, I got bills and this is how I survive the big city on budget and without the perks:

1. No free breakfast? pack your lunch. A good breakfast doesn't always need to be hot and you can normally live off a Clif bar or Nutrigrain bar. Packing fresh fruit is always a good idea too. I like pre-packed tuna fish, cheap and easy on the go!

2. Self serve packages come in real handy anytime, but especially when you have a fridge the size of a walnut. So in a nut shell, grab some extra packages of mayo when you can. Same goes for grabbing plastic ware when you can. it's not stealing, so relax.

3. Bored? no free internet? don't want to watch a 15 dollar movie? read a book!!! or people watch!! I like to watch the city street out of my window, you see some crazy stuff sometimes! (just don't go all Peeping Tom!!!!)

4. Exercise is crucial to surviving the week. Simple things like P/U and sit ups can get you going in to morning and take your mind off the stress.

5. Ask for an upgrade, when you check-in just ask the desk if they have any upgraded rooms available for the same price or maybe just a couple bucks more, a lot of time they do and most front desk personnel just want to make the client happy. Never hurts to ask is my policy!

6. I'm a weirdo and I hate for people to be in my room if i'm not there. I put out the do not disturb sign so I always ask for extra towels and I don't really need someone making my bed, who cares if your bed is made anyways? loser!

7. Stock up on the little bottles of free shampoo, I mean your already paying for it!

8. Never leave your bags on the floor!!! just because Donald trump owns the place doesn't mean his maid cleans it!!!

9. Bring an extra bag to put your dirty drawers in, I hate packing clean and dirty clothes right next to each other.

10. Lastly, just stay somewhere with free internet, breakfast, and bigger fridge.....you'll be better off!!!





"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???