The Secret to a Successful Twice Baked Stuffed Potato!


Very simple recipe -

Get some large potatoes and bake them in the oven, make sure to sprinkle some sea salt and Olive Oil on them and wrap in foil. At the same time STEAM some chicken breast or use Rachael Ray's recipe below.

 - Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a heavy pot with the onion, garlic and just enough water to cover (about 1-1/2 cups). Add the barbecue sauce, vinegar and a few drops hot sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the sauce and shred with two forks.

I prefer to steam the chicken because you lose nutrients when you boil it. Anyways after cooking the chicken "shred it and put in a bowl with some BBQ sauce. I like Stubbs or Sticky fingers (Wal-Mart). Take the potatoes out and cut them in half, then gut the potatoes into a bowl leaving the skins intact. Add some butter, sour cream or cream cheese, whipping cream, and some chopped bacon, chives and salt/pepper/garlic. (I like to heat up the butter and cream first so it mixes better). I use a mixer to make my potatoes nice and whipped. Spoon the potatoes back into the skins and top with the chicken and cheese and bake till the cheese melts. Oh yeah baby!







"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???