The Secret to a Successful Storm Survival

     Due to Hurricane Sandy the entire northeast has been rushing to prepare for the worst. I myself already had a good amount of items I just needed some water. I stopped at Target last night and it was slim pickings but luckily all I needed was a couple things. But the few things I did see that were bare bones were slightly comical. I tried to imagine in my head someone else's storm prep list compared to what I saw last night.

It would go as follows:

1. Water
2. Iceberg lettuce 
3. Bananas 
4. Cheez it's
5. Beer
6. And potato chips

For one thing, I am willing to bet that most people have enough food in their pantry to last them for a week. I mean all you need is some cereal; canned meat and canned veggies and you can live just fine. I can completely understand the water, and fruit but I also saw a few people buying a lot of camping cook gear. I don't know about the rest of the world but I can survive a couple days without a home cooked meal. I was in the Army for eight years and we traveled to the field quite a few times and I also spent some time in Afghanistan and think people have become too reliant on convenience instead of necessity. I have heard several times from the news that people should get cash out. What I find hysterical about that is I have been to the store when the power went out and people have no idea how to sell things without a computer. So even if you have the cash you would never be able to purchase anything. It is not hard to survive a couple days off some canned food and maybe a few sandwiches. But I am glad to see that we value Cheez-it's as a nutritional emergency food item!!! But this old chap tends to believe that the basics in life are far too often overlooked and getting back to basics is what I find to be the Secret to Successfully preparing for storm survival. 


"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???