Ding: "you have a new message"



Have you ever wondered why they named junk email SPAM? Maybe because it's crap, and goes well with a side of “stop wasting my time.” But sometimes I admit I like reading it because they are so crazy. Like this one:

Brethren, this is to notify you that  one of the company I inherited from my
husband deposited a total sum of Ј8,763,280.00 GBP which is equivalent to
$13,242,928.02 USD Million in a long-term deposit account in a Financial Home
here in UK. Presently, I'm in a hospital where I have been undergoing
treatment for Oesophagi Cancer. I've since lost my ability to talk and my
doctors have told me that I have only few years to live

I mean come on, who really buys into this stuff? And who has the time to concoct such a ludicrous email? I’ll never understand how the world can be such a conniving place, or how gullible innocence can be.
 After high school I worked (unintentionally) with a man who was once caught going door to door to old widows and convincing them to buy a new roof, collect half the money, and then never show back up. How folks like that can sleep at night makes me wonder. Heck, I can’t sleep at night sometimes if I get too mad at someone, let alone completely tricking them. But regardless, sometimes it is fun to read junk mail. Every once in awhile you get one that’s like…. Uh… well….. Then you think no way! The old adage “if it’s too good to be true, it probably isn’t.” was said from truth and not some disgruntled dude who missed out on the deal of a lifetime. No this came from some dude who just paid a processing few to someone giving away $18 bazillion dollars. 

Admittedly there is that part inside us that wishes and tries to see the best in people. Sometimes that best in just a glimmer of not so evil. So if you find yourself receiving amazing offers from King Sir Spamalot, just hit the greatest keyboard button ever to be established the “Delete” button. 



"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???