Wilma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


When you call your wife “your better half” do you really mean it? You should



      Last night talking to my eldest brother (yeah he’s old) we were discussing the relationships men have with their wives. We both came to an agreement that sometimes we just don’t understand why women decide on men like us. If I had to rate my marriage I would say we do not operate on a 50/50 scale but more of a 70/30 (she’s 70 and I’m 30) and if my wife was around I’d even go as far as to say 90/10. We men are barbaric and at times downright Fred Flintstone. Here we are scruffy, stinky, and lazy but we act like we are saints and come into our marriage with the “overworked and underappreciated” attitude all while having a gorgeous, loving, and hard working yet humble wife Wilma or Betty draped over our arms. I myself tend to get caught up in all that I do that I fail to remember that my wife works, cooks, cleans, and picks up after me and my kids; All while having to put up with us at the same time. Like most of us, our wives manage to do the same for our families and not too often do they ask for a raise or put in for a promotion. If your wife is anything like mine, she has a clean now ask questions later type of attitude.
     So why do our women choose us as mates? Most us look at ourselves in the mirror and see one of those Roman or Greek statues and get all arrogant and cocky. But to the mirror all it sees is Fred the overweight, scruffy, and lazy caveman dragging around a club. Instead of putting or wives on pedestals and bowing to them like we should we’re too busy clubbing them and dragging them back to the cave and beating our chest “Me man! You woman! Do, do, do!” Come on guys, our woman are prettier, more delicate, and can honestly work circles around us and do it in such a graceful manner that we just get left in the dino dung. We EXPECT our wives to do the chores, shop, and look good. Yet we get lazy, and think that buying our wives back will make up for some of the love loss. According to the Beatles “you can’t buy me love” and in all honestly it’s true.
     So, now you’re probably calling me a nut, and so on. But I’m asking Men to put down the billy club and get on their knees to pray for their wives. Get on your knees and serve your wife, provide strength, love, compassion, Leadership, and get to know your wife. Work for her, and not just to make up for what WE think they deserve but rather put forth so much effort that it bursts out of you like a volcanic explosion. We have to take the burden off our wives and get past the old routine of being so called manly men. Strength, Honor, Sacrifice and selfless service are what make you manly. Get in that kitchen and help her, pick up a broom, a mop, do your own stinky laundry or just give her a break from the kids. Our wives are flowers that can only blossom when treated with the utmost of care and love. Lead your wife with inner strength and present yourself to her as a gift, as something she desires not as something you just picked up in the clearance section of the dollar store so you had something to give because you forgot the first three times. But most of all pray for them, and thank God for them daily because without them we would just be stuck with Barney Rubble.



"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???