A Successful Step Forward....

I'm not sure what God has in store for me but I am doing all I can to be faithful. What is odd about faith is you can never have enough, the enemy does everything in his power to try and convince us to be timid and second guess God.

I started my journey back to Texas on Friday Now this is just another chapter in the book of my life that God is writing, and it started a long time ago. Since I humbled myself to Gods amazing love he has done nothing short of bless me tremendously throughout. What's bad is I have kept a cloud of self doubt around me that just lingers like a fog. The fog has gotten thicker as my new move to TX approached and it weighted heavily on me until the ride down. I spent two full days with my older brother which I think was a divine appt from God. I spoke, he listen and encouraged me. As Christians we can't completely snub the outside world but we need to definitely keep our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ close because they are there when we need them. Having other followers to encourage you is like relief on a migraine. I also got the chance to hear a sermon about keeping the faith. A lot of times as Christians we fail in our fears, we tend to forget that Christ is with us always and has delivered us from evil. It goes back to the disciples in the boat as Jesus reminded them that he would protect them. They had little faith, and when we do that we forget about all the times that God has delivered us. Before that road trip I was the just like the disciples in the boat and it showed.

We can't let our own fears and doubt overshadow the love of our God. We must maintain our faith and remind ourselves daily of the majesty of our lord Jesus Christ. When Christ said he would never leave not forsake us he meant it. He will be with us always and in some way,shape, or form deliver us. My friends and family please keep the faith of a mustard seed and don't let your fears deny you the love of God. Remind yourself daily that all your sin was pinned to the cross and we will forever live free from the bondage of sin, thanks to God's unwavering grace and mercy!!!!!!!!

The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!” He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you. (Luke 17:5, 6 NIV)

Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it. Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.” (Matthew 14:22-33 NIV)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???