Things That Make Life Interesting.


 What makes your life interesting? Think about it for a moment and please, please respond to this post with something.

     My life is made up of small "something’s" daily that makes it interesting. I try to notice things as I am out in public and it never fails. I don’t go rock climbing, I don’t snowboard, and I have a mountain bike that has fewer miles on it than car with square wheels. So basically I'm boring, in a nutshell, but I’m going to list a few things that I found striking delightful over the past few days:



1.       1.      When you have kids you tend to bring more stuff into the store than you come out with, or am I the only one? At most times when I feel like going to the store it is like packing for a week’s vacation, only not in the Bahamas. I can only imagine what Dawn goes through if she needs to get milk and has to take my youngest daughter with her. Binky (check) blankie (check) diaper bag(check) etc. Oops I’m sorry I meant diapy….when you have kids everything ends in “ie” or “y” like poopy. I am proud to have a minivan for all the crap I haul around to get to places, not so I can haul stuff home from them!

2.     2.       I’ve been trying to build a back patio for like 2 years, and for some odd reason I decided to do it this week, in the cold, with no plan. I found myself remembering why I put it off for so long because house projects never go like they are supposed to. It never fails that you always forget something, or think you already have all the items in need but do not, or vice versa, you buy crap you already have at home! Either way you get frustrated or everyone stands there at some point as says" WTH was 
I thinking! NEXT time I’m going hire someone." And it’s never like you see on TV and never like you read in a book. Why? I’m going to write a book on how projects really go at home; it's going to come standard with a large bat and soft bag to pound on when you get ticked off. But it always brings a smile to my face when I think of the late great comic Mitch Hedberg (who is by far the funniest comedian I have ever heard) it goes like this:
      
I went to the Home Depot yesterday, which was unnecessary; I need to go to the Apartment Depot. It's just a bunch of guys standing around saying, "Hey, we ain't got to fix sh^@."

3.    3.       I don’t really want to expound too much on this one but it is a question as old as time itself. If you fart at the gym, but you have headphones on, does it still count? Just saying!

4.   How do you explain to a child the meaning of Capeesh (CAPISCE)? I don’t know where my kids come up with this stuff, but I do know that listening to two girls discuss life is anything less than priceless.

My life is full of idiosyncrasies that I love. Enjoy the small things in life because they are what make it so interesting. I can’t imagine trading anything for those times when you get a call from someone (it may or may not have been my wife) telling me she needs to get the oil changed because it says she only has 20% left…ba dumm tsshhhh! But moments like that make life worth living. 




"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

  1. What makes my life interesting?? Like you it has to be family. I think God gave us family not only for love and support, but for me to laugh at, and so that I can be thankful that I am better than most of them. I know they are saying the same about me, but my thinking is the correct one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???