What'd you call me?!?!

Are Christians truly hypocrites?
   
     Look, I don’t claim to know the whole bible, and I certainly don’t claim to be perfect. But here is what I do know, God is real and Christ was his son. Now ask me to explain the Holy Trinity….. Uh.... Exactly.

     A lot of people tend to stereotype Christians and the Church. They know what we stand for so they automatically assume we judge people and condemn them. Stereotypes are bad news because they are based either one experience or the minority of one group. People know I’m an avid follower of Jesus Christ and yet when they fail to get to know me and they make off color comments about who I am or what I believe. Shamefully, they just assume and don’t know the truth.

Do I believe in right and wrong?
Do I express myself openly?
Do I try to lead a life reflective of my beliefs?
All of the above are.... True.

     But do you really know what the difference is between a Christian and non-Christian is? Well, let me tell you:

“I believe and know it to be true that I am a sinner, Heaven and Hell are real, and that Jesus Christ (the only begotten Son of God) died as payment for my sins against God and therefore I accept his offering of atonement for my sins because I know there is no way I can be made righteous in front of a perfect and Holy God without him. And only through Jesus Christ am I and righteous. Therefore, he is the lord of my life and my savior. ”

     BAM! That’s it. No dotted lines, no strings, no three easy payments, no bill your later.

    I don’t judge others, but rather some of their actions. But it is out of love and not some self righteous attempt at the hierarchy. I want the whole world to know what I know, family, friends, enemies. Everyone!!! Philosophical debates and viewpoints need to be set aside when it comes to the truth. When I speak with folks who are not Christian and they communicate what they assume to know about the bible, God, and Christ they are usually flat out wrong and way off base.

     To be honest though it took me awhile to even truly understand what it all really means. I do choose to shy away from things that are unholy and sinful in nature, but I am not immune to sin. Just because I don’t approve of your actions doesn’t mean I don’t love you and wish the best for you. But who is really being the judgmental one? The person who scoffs at the fact that I don’t like crude jokes or dirty humor? That I find it offensive for women to have to parade in their underwear to make a living? That sex on TV and movies is unnecessary? That I try to hold sacred to things like family and morality? Have I been there and done that? Of course I have, we all have and to say any different would just be plain foolish. In fact, being there and doing that made me realize just how in desperate need I am of a savior (Which is always a fun debate). People think I don’t believe I can do anything on my own and I need some kind of whatever they choose to call it to get me through the day when I say that, well its true.  Look, we are all sick and diseased with sin; we are all going to die. Last time I checked the odds were, 1:1. Difference is I just chose to acknowledge that I was diseased and accepted my CURE and that I could try all I wanted to be “good” but I would never be perfect. Christ died and was resurrected so I could be made perfect through him in the eyes of God.

     To be completely honest, I don’t know why people think that Christians are judgmental and hypocrites. Some are, but most are not. It could be that people think that since we try to live our lives according to Biblical principles and they choice not to we are not meant to mingle. I hope you don’t think that.


Mathew 7
7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.


"So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???