Faith & Family first!

I consider myself a pretty boring guy, there is not much I like to do. I don’t party, I don’t really drink, don’t watch sports and don’t hang out at bars and I’ve learned to become accustom to this lifestyle. My hobbies in life are pretty strange and I battle with my own demons from time to time. My life however doesn’t need any excitement, I have a wife and kids who need me to have a level head. I support these people with all I am; I work hard and have no real time to play. I am not granted the freedom that some have to enjoy their day and be friendly and chit chat all those things. I like the quiet undisturbed life. I know there is a wild side in me that wants to come out and play but I look at my family and step back and remind myself that although life is a day to day activity it is also a marathon that has to be run one step at a time. I keep my eyes on Christ and I enjoy that. Heck I think he earned it!!!


Although from time to time I look away or become blinded, I know that he is always there for me. My children need stability in life to succeed, and in my life I have seen enough unstableness to make my head spin. I think back to my days and regret a lot of my actions and work hard to make them right. As my Girls grow older I want them to see Christ through me and desire a husband who will respect them, and himself. Any man that doesn’t respect woman for who they are, Daughters of God and Men. These guys don't deserve the title of “MAN”. I look around at this world and get sick when I see how we accept things that are wrong and call ourselves Christians. I never want my girls to be subjected to thinking they are any less of how God sees them. My children and women in general are not Flesh and bone to be flaunted and drooled over by immoral, but of course cool guys. Yeah ok! There are too many women now who seek there needs to be met by everything but God! And that’s a bad place to be. I want my girls to have a life I didn’t necessarily have, so I look far down the road and think of how I can do that. It’s such a struggle and fight sometimes that I lose myself in the stress. But I would never trade my families’ future for my own selfishness and desires because that is not God’s way. So ill work and bleed and stress and fear till I’m dead knowing that I did it for the them, all of them. By no means am I a perfect husband or father, but the love I have for my family runs deep and will never be swayed by the forces against it. So I trade a life of self seeking pleasure to instill discipline and stability to my family because no matter what I do in life I don’t want to go out knowing I did it all for myself. I want to be remembered as the father that gave it all for his family, the man who laid down his life for his wife and children. The man who sacrificed much to gain little. I want to be known as the man God wanted me to be. So if that mean I don’t get all the nice things I want so my family can have a future then so be it, if I trade all my happiness so they can have more, then so be it. I’m not a tough guy, I’m not a sports guy, I’m not the best looking or best dresses guy. I don’t have a nice car and I don’t have nice things. I don’t follow my heart because it is deceitful, I do my best to follow God and it may not make sense or make people happy but 20 years down the road it will. Those who think I’m just lame, well I guess you can’t make them all happy!

Faith, Family….everything else can wait…



"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???