"Ask not what my God can do for me, ask what I can do for my God"

What can God do for me that he has not already done? Has he promised us wealth and riches, did he promise to make our life burden less and happy? Who are we to be so arrogant like a young child to expect more. Am I reading the wrong scripture, I must have skipped over the part where God bestowed among his disciples a Bentley and a beach house in Malibu. What more can I ask for when my God sent his son to suffer and die for me so that whomever believeth In him shall never perish, but have everlasting life. Period, end of story. Nothing else needed. Is God a giver? Yes he is; he showers me with his grace and mercy because we all fall short of the glory of God. To want more and to expect him to give more is just greed and selfishness. His blood and his flesh is all I need, all I should ever want. Too expect more would only set me up for failure and disappointment, not because he won't give me what I need but because my heart in dark and what I want is not always inline with want my father knows I need. 

As Christians we need not forget that the cross symbolizes all of our needs, wants, cares, and of course sins. Following Christ is not about what God will do for us, it's all about what we can do for God! You'll gain all your prosperity, all your riches, and all your needs when you bow before the cross, but not in monetary funds; rather God wil shower you with his unending love and grace. Jesus was very specific when he spoke to his disciples reminding them(and us) that God will always provide. Do not be fooled and wrapped into the game of fake Christians trying to convince you that God wants you to be rich and wealthy and selfish. God wants you right where he has you. When Jesus walked the earth, he lived a humble life, he died a humble death and he taught us to be humble. Should we not follow our savior in action? shall we brush aside the teachings of Christ to make up our own claim that God wants us all to be like Solomon? The foolish disregard of "God will give ten fold back to you for any money you give the church!" Give to give, not to receive! don't be a fool rushing after his own gold. Money will not bring you closer to God, it will only push you away. 

Give everything and expect nothing! Be humble in The Lord and thankful always, for Christ gave his life so you could receive the greatest gift of all: eternity - for free! 

Now put a bow on it......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???