Motivation

What motivates us to be better? Is it results? Is it that hope in the end that it will be different?

What if you knew it wouldn't change, what if you knew the result would be minimal at best? Would you still push yourself and strive harder for that goal?

Plateaus in life come and go. We are often finding ourselves in a rut that comes abruptly and some times right in middle of when we are working hardest at that change. Science can tell you some things but not always, sometimes it's not the place we are at that needs to change it is us. Like any peak, once you reach the top you take a moment to look around at what you just achieved. There are often times that you reach a summit just to find out your just getting started. Now do you climb down and give up? No! You look down and say........ That's a long way down. And then you'll stand there for a minute and ask yourself do I really want to go back the way I just came? Look at how far I've already come! I just need to keep pressing on and get atop the next peak and see where I'm at from there. There may be no end in sight but that doesn't mean we give up.

I'm at plateau in my life right now that makes me feel like I'm walking up a downward escalator. Or treading water in a ocean with no land around me. Nothing seems to be working and I'm just getting more frustrated. Writers block, and weight gain. I've read all the articles and done all the things they say but I'm still no Rich Froning. Although I did come across one article that bluntly said this might just be the body I was given and I should just be healthy and happy with it. That could be true, granted I just reached thirty and I don't see my metabolism kicking into hyper drive anytime soon. Why I can't seem to write baffles me too because there is always something on my mind. I can't hardly sleep and my new life is completely different than my old. Some good, some bad and some just plain ugly. I don't typically like change and it takes a huge toll on me when I do. You'd be amazed at how small things can totally implode when you have my condition. I.e. I didn't take a shower to start my day(took one the night before, but thanks anyway) and it just totally threw me off from start to finish. Maybe I should have stuck with what I knew best because it seemed to be working just fine. Or maybe I am just the way I am and there is no way to change it! Whatever it might be, I'll just keep pressing on and praying for those who are less fortunate than I. Much love to my loyal readers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???