“Give me my iPhone, or give me death…”


      The other day I sat down my iPhone while at work. I walked away not realizing that would be the last time I’d see it. Someone picked it up then walked away and who knows where it is now. I tried tracking it and going through the motions but it wasn’t going to resurface. Granted I also don’t have the patience to wait a week to try and find it. But after it was all said and done the Sprint guy did me a solid and it set me back a couple bucks but, I guess that’s what I get for not being cautious…. or is it.

       It really bothered me and of course I threw a fit and shook my fist and what not. I will say though I am grateful for Apple’s ingenious technology and the fact that my phone backed itself up on icloud so I never missed a beat. But now looking back I can’t seem to put my finger on what bothered me most. Was it the fact that we live in a world where you can’t set your phone down on a table without someone taking it; or that our society has “advanced” or as some say “evolved” into this megalomaniac culture full of technology and money and resources that require people to steal anything at any time in any place? Or maybe it was just the fact that I rely so much on my Iphone in daily life that I can’t seem to go a day, hour, minute without it. I mean how I could manage the rest of my Saturday without checking my FB or my email, candy crush and text messages is beyond me.

Then I got to thinking.

(How pathetic am I?)

(How could I have survived the 70’s and early 80’s?)

(How could any King In his heyday wait to hear news from his kingdom by way of courier, what if I had to use the telegram to check my “FB.” OH the HORROR!!!!)

     What is wrong with us? Why do we allow ourselves to be sucked into the matrix of this world and its grasp on us? Fast food, convenience stores, and TV on our phone so we never miss our favorite shows are what we have become. Are we really advancing as a culture? I blame it all on the calculator. The calculator started our down fall as an advanced society. Soon enough no kid will ever know how to add or subtract without one. I mean this whole boom has only been in the last few years and seems to be on this fast track to idiot-ville. Now these days you see 8, 9, 10 even two year olds with an ipod, ipad, or iphone mine included!!!
Needless to say that same day I was back up and running and it was torture the entire time. All hail the smart phone, the most dominant idol in my life. I gave up beer, I gave up smoking, I gave up lots of other things but in the great words of Patrick Henry:


“Give me my iPhone, or give me death…” 


"so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???