Who do you serve?

I was on the train to New York this afternoon and its not too often that you get to see all the scenery while traveling. Unless you're the passenger in the car that is. I'm usually the captain and I do a lot of driving! But besides all that, I got to sit back and see first hand human ingenuity and craftsmanship at a it's best! The houses, highways and landmarks. All the skyscrapers in a large city and all the bridges and tunnels used to get people there. Just the history behind it all and the thought and planning that goes into it. It's truly amazing and awe inspiring.



Which brings me to my next point, why would I ever want to bring myself down to a level of insignificance. I am a part of something incredible and yet so many people seem to be so arrogant as to think they can't be submissive to a loving God. They claim its because he is self glorifying and egotistical. I read one argument that said we don't have free will if we can choose to do something but burn in hell for it. Id like to see that guy tell his parents that "hey i know you paid my bills and fed and clothed me, but all those rules you had were for your own self glorification dad!" And yet we also abide by the law which is the same thing. You can choose to rob and kill but if you do you'll pay the price correct? Is it an egotistical judge that sentences your crime? How about saying that nothing in bible is true because it was written by men? Everything we have ever known to be "truth" was written or documented by men at some point in time correct?

How could mere bacteria form into something so complex and complicated that it put a man on the moon? Designed cruise ships and the Empire State Building? Constructed the Panama Canal and took down Hitler and the Japanese emperor? Yet you expect me to deny God exist because I can't see him? I can't see air, I can't see love, I can't see my thoughts but I know they are real.

I refuse to waste my life thinking I am just a combination gas and hydrogen that just happened to be perfectly combined accidentally. The human brain alone and all it's complexity can debunk anyone's attempt to make me seem insignificant. To do so just makes fools of anyone that doesn't want to accept that an all powerful, loving, and amazing God created us in his image for a purpose. So you need proof that you were created by God but yet you are so willing to accept that you mutated from an ape with no proof? Come on man!!!

If God was so egotistical and evil he would strike us all down the instant we disobeyed, he was come come down to earth and force all us to be slaves with no chance of redemption. If he was so egotistical then why did he send his son to hang on a tree and bear his fathers wrath so we didn't have to? Oh yeah because Jesus was not real? Give me break, all of history has never denied the events of Jesus being real until now.

Sometimes I tend to think those folks just don't want to accept there humanity because it causes them to question there own actions. If you know your on this earth for a purpose you can no longer be self servant you start to gain a desire to serve others. Once you start to desire that you realize that your not all perfect, that your broken inside and need someone to fix you! I guess some people don't want to accept flaws about themselves and that's just too bad. But those same people sit at home and wonder why things are so bad in the world, and when tragedy strikes they turn to Christians and Jews and say "why?" I just tell them aliens did it! The self servants watch CNN on there 61" LCD and wonder why God doesn't feed all the starving kids in the world! They are same ones who want the governments too provide for them so they don't have to hold responsibility over their lives. It's too much work to be a Christian and I can see why people run away and use illogical excuses to blame something other than their own hearts.

Choose this day who you will serve! Because ill tell it to you straight my friends, that you can turn to God and serve others your whole life and never reap one reward for it here on earth. It won't bring you wealth, glory, fame, or even safety. But I'd rather die living my life for someone other that myself than be safe, rich and famous only for my own pleasure!

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord .” (Joshua 24:15 NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret to a Successful Cheat Day(Volume # 4) Good ole fashioned Donuts

A little Humble pie anyone???